You can automate your tasks such that they run on the click of a single button. These tasks can be run on a Windows or Unix asset by specifying the respective asset type. You may click on the History button to view the history of a job. You may be shown the last output for the task or its step by step execution in the logs as per your choice. However, you may need to provide certain input in the form of Tags while configuring such tasks. Tags are essentially the input that is to be used to fire a command.
- Go to Manage → Task Library → Add task.
- Select the Base Access Type → Select 'Display Last Step Output' or 'Display Step by Step Execution'.
- Provide the command that needs to be configured as a task. Provide the timeout up to 1000 seconds.
- Now in the 'Tags' section select the tags and apply it to the command accordingly.
- Fill in the details. Click on Save.
- Go to your My Access page → Tasks → Click on +New.
- Select the Asset Category: Operating System → Asset Type: Windows Server/Unix Based → Select the Asset → Select the Account.
- Fill in the other details.
- If you have set some 'Tags', the tags will be visible in the Input section → Click on Save.
- A task will be configured.
To run this task:
- Go to your My Access Page → Tasks.
- Locate the task and click on its Start button.
There is no content with the specified labels