Once you have configured a dependency on an account, you also need to define a set of procedures to be performed in case the password of this account needs to be changed. This is so as not to adversely affect the dependency during or after the password change process . If the action you want to perform (before or after the password change, or if the password change fails) is to start, stop, restart or update the password for an Application Pool. You may proceed as follows:
- Go to Before Password change, On Password Change, or Password Change Failed section as per your requirement.
- From the "Type" dropdown menu, select type as: IIS Pool.
- Select the Asset → Account.
- Specify the name of the application in the "Parameter" field.
- Select the action to be performed (start, stop, restart, update password) from the "Options" drop-down menu.
- Click on the Active Checkbox to activate the process.
- Click on Save.