You can access Oracle database using SQL Developer as follows. The session opens on the user machine in SQL Developer therefore, ensure that SQL Developer is already installed on the user device. You can then provide the path where SQL Developer is installed in the Launcher Settings.
- Create SQL Developer Access Type → Configuration →Access Types.
- Click on Add Access Type→ Name : Sql Developer →Select Base Access Type : Thick Client → Specify Additional Ports if any → Upload xml file in Plugin Process.
- Click On User Profile → Settings → Launcher Settings.
- Select Access Type as : SQL Developer.
- In the Execution Path field provide the path where SQL Developer is installed.
- Go to My Access page →locate the oracle asset you want to connect to →click on its action button.
- Select Connect →SQL Developer.