Accessing RHEL device using SSH with putty (RDP Direct)
You can access a RHEL device using ssh with putty as follows. RDP Direct provides a seamless working experience which has the exact feel as that of RDP, even though the access is enforced via a jump server.
- Create Putty SSH Access Type → Configuration →Access Types.
- Click on Add Access Type→ Name : PuTTY →Select Base Access Type : Thick Client → Specify Additional Ports if any → Upload xml file in Plugin Process.
- For allowing RDP Direct User specific access follow below steps:Policies → User Access Policy
- Select the policy which is applied to the user to access or select the Default Policy→ Select Enforce Access via Jump Server also select Allow RDP Direct→ Update/Save.
- Configuration → Access Types → select PuTTY → enable "Enforce Access via Jump Server" and "Allow RDP Direct" checkboxes.
- My Access → Find the RHEL Server → Click on Connect → Select PuTTY SSH
- An RDP file will be downloaded
- Run the file and the session will be launched.