Configure task for SSH/PowerShell/Telnet with step by step output
You can create your own task library such that the output of the task is shown step by step. This means, the entire output of the executed task will be seen in Privileged Task Management logs. These tasks can run on a Windows or Unix asset by specifying the respective asset type. You may click on the History button to view the history of a job and see the output for the task in the logs as per your choice. To add task library for SSH/PowerShell/Telnet to get step by step output, you need to perform below recommended steps:
- Login to PAM
- Go to Manage → Task Library → + Add Task Library
- Select the Base Access Type → SSH/PowerShell/Telnet
- Provide the command along with the timeout that needs to be configured as a task.
- Select Log Display option → Display Last Step Output
- Provide tags if necessary and fill in the details.
- Click on Save.
For telnet command execution, you need to make sure that the port no of asset should be default telnet port i.e. 23.
- Configure SSH/PowerShell/Telnet task from existing task
- Configure task for SSH/PowerShell/Telnet with step by step output
- Configuring task for SSH/PowerShell/Telnet with last line as output
- Configuring Tasks to run on a Windows/Unix server (with User Input)
- Configuring Tasks to run without User Input on a Windows/Unix server