Connect to a remote Linux asset using SSH
Sectona lets you connect to a remote Linux machine using SSH (Secure Shell Protocol) . The resulting connection will be established either on the Sectona Launcher or your browser depending on whether you choose to connect via SSH or SSH Over browser. If you are logged in via Sectona Client you can connect to a Linux asset via SSH on Sectona Client itself.
- Go to your My Access Page.
- Set Asset Category = Operating System, Asset Type = Unix based.
- Find the Linux asset you want to connect to. Click on its respective Connect button → Select your desired option from the drop-down menu.
- If you select SSH, the connection will be established over Sectona URL Launcher.
- If you select SSH Over Browser, the connection will be established over your browser in a new tab.
If you are logged into Sectona Client:
- Double click on the Linux asset you wish to access → Select SSH.
- The SSH session will be launched within the Sectona Client.