How to access MSSQL database using SQL Management Studio via Jump server?
You can access MSSQL database using SQL Management Studio via Jump server as follows.
To create a Jump Server Access Policy :
- Go to Policies→ User Access Policy → Add User Access Policy → Policy Name → Fill in the details.
- Enable 'Enforce Access Via Jump Server' checkbox → Click Save.
To assign this policy to the desired users :
- Go to Manage → Users→ Select the user → User Access Policy→ Uncheck Default and change Access Policy to the above-configured policy.
Add Path of the SQL Management Studio (SSMS) to the Jump Server Launcher Settings :
- Go to Systems → Landing & Proxy server → Click on the action button of Jump Server → Select Launcher Settings.
- Select Access Type as: SQL Management Studio.
- In the Execution Path field, provide the path where SSMS is installed on the Jump server.
- Go to My Access page → Locate the asset you want to connect to → Select Connect → SQL Server Management Studio.