Run an Account Discovery job
You can run an Account Discovery job for discovering and onboarding (optional) local accounts belonging to a specific category such as Database, Directory Server or Operating system. You can schedule a job periodically or otherwise as per your requirements in the Schedule Type section. It is better to schedule the scan during off-hours, when more bandwidth is free and disruption is less likely.
However, your account should be a 'Management account' to be able to perform this job successfully. A management account is basically an administrator-level account defined under 'Account Defaults, whose account role has been set to 'management'.
- Go to Manage → Account Discovery → Add Account Discovery.
- Enter a Job Title.
- Select Asset Category from: Database/ Directory Server/ Operating system.
- Select Asset Type from the dropdown menu.
- Set Schedule type to:
a. Once: when you want the job to run only once at your specified date & time
b. Recuring : when you want the job to start running periodically
- Specify whether you want to onboard accounts.
- Click on Save+Run Now to start account discovery.