Run an Asset Discovery Job
You can run an Asset Discovery job for discovering and onboarding (optional) assets belonging to a specific category such as Database, Directory Server or Operating system. You can schedule a job periodically or immediately as per your requirements in the Schedule Type section. It is better to schedule the scan during off-hours, when more bandwidth is free and disruptions are less likely.
However, there should be a 'Management account' configured to be able to run a discovery job successfully. A management account is basically an administrator-level account defined under 'Account Defaults, whose account role has been set to 'management'.
- Go to Manage → Account Discovery → Add Asset Discovery.
- Enter a Job Title.
- Select Asset Category from: Database/ Directory Server/ Operating system.
- Select Asset Type from the drop-down menu.
- Set Schedule type to:
a. Once: when you want the job to run only once at your specified date and time
b. Recurring : when you want the job to start running periodically
- Specify whether you want to onboard accounts.
- Click on Save+Run Now to start account discovery.