SNMP is a popular protocol which is supported on an extensive range of hardware devices. It manages and monitors network devices and their functions. SNMP version 3 has improved security and privacy. You can run an SNMP (version 3) discovery job for assets. All network devices configured with SNMP version 3 will be discovered in such a scan. If you wish to do so, you can also onboard the discovered assets. While creating an SNMP version 3 discovery job, you will need to provide the username and secret key of the user configured on target devices.
- Start the Asset Discovery Service. Go to System → system status → app services → AssetDiscoveryService.
- Go to Manage → Asset Discovery → New Asset Discovery Job.
- Select SNMP.
- Fill in the details. In the Version field, select Version 3.
- Fill in the details of the user present on target devices along with the secrete key (key phrase).
- Choose the configuration parameters
- If you want to onboard discovered asset, select 'Yes' in the Onboard field.
- Click on Save+Run now to immediately run the job r select Save.