Discovery Map represents inter-relationships between assets, asset types and co-related with accounts ( vaulted & discovered). This map provides insights to users to view overall account surface within PAM and outside PAM. Insights can help you decide type of accounts you may need to bring under purview of vaulting policies. Discovery map requires both Asset Discovery and Account Discovery jobs executed in the system.
You can view the graphical representation under Manage → Discovery View → Overview. Discovered assets and accounts will be presented in the graph form. Therefore, a user can get a consolidated view of the available assets and accounts present in the system. For example, if a discovery job is executed for Windows assets, then all the discovered Windows assets connected to the discovered vaulted and non-vaulted accounts will be visible in the graph.
The following attributes will be visible in the Graph:
To check the overview of the Sectona discovery, follow the below-recommended steps:
- Login to System and select PAM from the product navigator.
- Go to Manage → Discovery View under Discovery the sidebar → Map.
- The 'overview graph' will be displayed on the screen.
- To get a better picture, you can zoom in or click on the Open Full screen button to have a full-screen view.
- Press Esc to exit the full screen.