You can automate your tasks such that they run on the click of a single button without any user input. These tasks can be run on a Windows or Unix asset by specifying the respective asset type. You may click on the History button to view the history of a job. You may be shown the last output for the task or its step by step execution in the logs as per your choice.
- Login to the system and select PAM from the product navigator.
- Go to Manage → Task Library → Add task.
- Select the Base Access Type → Select 'Display Last Step Output' or 'Display Step by Step Execution'.
- Provide the command that needs to be configured as a task. Provide the Timeout in seconds up to 1000 seconds.
- Fill in the details. Click on Save.
- Go to My Access → Tasks → Click on +New.
- Select the Asset Category as: Operating System → Select the Asset Type: Windows Server/ Unix Based → Select the Asset → Select the Account → Fill
in the other details.
- Click on Save.
- A task will be configured.
To run this task:
- Go to your My Access Page → Tasks.
- Locate the task and click on its Start button.