An Access-type request is made when a user needs a password-less access. To decide whether or not the request should be granted, you can appoint Approvers. These appovers can be set up hierarchically such that a request proceeds to the next level, only after being approved by the lower level. A single level workflow means that only one approver has been appointed and that, if this approver approves, the Access request will be granted to the User and vice-versa. A request raised by the Approver is valid only if there exists another approver at the same level.
An Approver can view requests only for the Instance that they are in. Similarly, requests can be raised by Users only within the same Instance that that are in.
- Login to the system and select PAM from the product navigator.
- Policies →Workflow Management →click on Add Workflow Rule.
- Fill in the details in the form. Set Rule type=Workflow , Levels=1, Request type= Access.
- Select an approver in the "Approver' field.
- Make sure that the status is toggled to Active.
- Click on Save