Password Rotation policy reduces the risk of password theft and misuse, by resetting account passwords periodically. The passwords are reset automatically. A separate password policy needs to be created for defining the complexity of passwords. This policy is then assigned to the Password Rotation policy. A Password rotation is applied to an asset. All the accounts for that asset automatically inherit this rotation policy.
- Login to the system and select PAM from the product navigator.
- Under Policies → Rotation Policy → Add Rotation Policy
- Enter the Policy details. Check the Rotate Password Check Box. Select the frequency for changing password under Rotate Password section.
- Select a value for 'Recur Every'. Fill in the details.
- Select a password policy to define the complexity of the passwords.
- Click on Save.